“Oh wow, there are not enough good things I can say about Katherine and her family and the beautiful cottage we stayed in! This place is just as cute as the pictures show and the experience turned out even better than imagined. Not only is this cottage set against one of the prettiest landscapes of the island, complete with the most lovable of farm animals, there are some great wineries nearby. And on top of all of this, Katherine was really easy to get a hold of, and the location was pretty spot on and easily accessible. This cottage is easy to get to even if you don’t have a car since it’s right along the bus line. Katherine was kind enough to invite my friend and I along to help her do a morning feeding of the animals. It’s clear she and her family put a lot of time and energy into maintaining the locations. There’s also a lot of ideas for improving the experiences. If I get the chance to come back to New Zealand again, I’ll definitely be doing another visit to Waiheke just for the experience alone to stay at this location. Thanks again for all your help, Katherine. We loved our time here, and I absolutely fell in love with Maggie and Pumpkin especially!” (Eden, November 2015, AirBnb)
For a romantic getaway on beautiful Waiheke island, Cupid’s Cottage is perfect! Set amongst the orchards in Chapel Hill, the cottage has everything needed for some peaceful time away from the rest of the world.
Surrounded by vineyards and only a three minute drive from the beach, your days can be filled with wine tastings, nature walks and sun, while your evenings can be spent taking a stroll through the property’s olive groves or taking a short walk to the nearby vineyard restaurants.
Enjoy using the fully fitted kitchen or enjoy meals from neighbouring vineyard restaurants.
For those without a car, transport to Chapel Hill from the ferry is only a bus ride away, with a bus stop directly beside the property’s front gate. The beach, local vineyards, and restaurants are only a short walk away, while frequent buses connect Onetangi with the rest of the island.
For more details please call Katherine on +6421955204.
cupid’s cottage Facilities
- Tea, coffee, milk & sugar
- Olive oil, produced from olives on our property
- In-season fruit, from our orchards
- Fully fitted kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer
- Pots, pans, crockery & utensils
- Towels, tea towels, hand towel, face clothes, bath mat
- Shampoo, conditioner & soap
- Two sofas
- Queen bed upstairs and option of a single bed downstairs
- 360 degree views of Tantalus vineyard, native bush and our chapel
- Table seating for four
- Indoor fireplace with plenty of wood
- Electric heaters & hot water bottles
- Breakfast bar
- Tiled bathroom with spacious spa bath and a glass shower
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sunny deck with BBQ, table & chairs
- Plenty of parking, close to the Cottage entrance
- Walk to the bus stop