“Our stay at Griffin Cottage was simply fantastic! Both the interior and exterior of the house have been wonderfully maintained and are beautiful. Katherine was a wonderful host who takes a lot of pride in looking after her guests. We really enjoyed getting to spend some time feeding the animals on the property and learning a little more about it’s history. We can’t wait to come back!” (Holly, December 2015, AirBnb)
UPDATE: Due to the way Auckland Council has implemented their new rates on on-line accommodation providers, we are no longer taking any online-accommodation bookings; e.g. on AirBNB, Bookabach or HomeAway.
Set amongst the gardens of Chapel Hill, Griffin Cottage is a beautiful holiday home for couples or young families. The bedroom upstairs has delightful views of the golf course and vineyards. There is also space for a portacot upstairs and a single bed can be added downstairs.
With everything you need for catering, this cottage takes care of everything—all you need to decide is whether to visit the beach, adventure attractions, playgrounds, golf course or vineyards first!
With a fully fitted kitchen complete with utensils and table seating for four, the Cottage is perfect for dining at home. For more details about the Cottage’s facilities, see below.
For those nights when you don’t feel like cooking, award-winning Te Motu vineyard is only a short walk away, and the wonderful new restaurant is also getting rave reviews.
For those without a car, transport to Chapel Hill from the ferry is only a bus ride away, with a bus stop directly beside the property’s front gate. Local vineyards, restaurants & attractions are only a short walk away, while frequent buses connect Onetangi with the rest of the island.
Griffin Cottage is available to book on several websites, but to book directly through us, please click the button below.
griffin cottage Facilities
- Tea, coffee, milk & sugar
- Olive oil, produced from olives on our property
- In-season fruit, from our orchards
- Fully fitted kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer
- Pots, pans, crockery & utensils
- Towels, tea towels, hand towel, face clothes, bath mat
- Shampoo, conditioner & soap
- Two sofas
- King bed upstairs and option of a single bed downstairs
- Table seating for four
- Indoor fireplace with plenty of wood
- Electric heaters and hot water bottles
- Breakfast bar
- Tiled bathroom with glass shower
- Free Wi-Fi
- Circular courtyard surrounded by palm trees
- Spacious deck with BBQ, table & chairs
- Free parking
- Short walk to the bus stop