Pegasus Lodge is a large, stylish and spacious lockwood lodge, that comfortably sleeps 12 people, making it perfect for hosting family groups. Children are most welcome and high chairs, cots, toys, books, games, swings and hammocks are provided free of charge.
The entertainment area includes a bluetooth & internet-friendly flat screen television. With large sofas and lots of extra blankets available, why not gather the young ones up, close all the curtains and let them escape into a favourite movie, day or night.
The large kitchen makes hospitality a joy, with a nespresso coffee machine, wine fridge, microwave, gas hob, F&P fridge/freezer, spare fridge, double oven, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and even more facilities (see below). Sit around the enormous table inside (seats 12) or on the deck to enjoy the ambience. If you really want to relax, just stay in the soft and scrumptious dressing gowns that we provide, all day!
In the evening have a BBQ on the 200 sq metre deck, with views of the sea. Take a stroll through the property’s olive grove and orchard, or finish the day with a spa bath in the master bedroom.
Look across the Onetangi Wine Valley and decide which award winning restaurant or vineyard to walk to next. Check out the restaurants nearby, or drive to the lovely Onetangi Beach complete with cafes and playgrounds.
And to top off your holiday, we also offer a free ‘farm tour‘. Our guests really enjoy meeting and feeding the sheep, chickens, horses, pigs, rabbits, goats, ducks and doves; and we love showing them to you.
Set on a tranquil hilltop, surrounded by 15 acres of vineyards, olive groves and orchards, there is plenty of space for relaxing, exploring and spending quality time with family and friends. Book your stay at Pegasus Lodge now!
“I recently had the pleasure of staying at Pegasus Lodge with a group of friends and we had a fabulous time. It’s a great location with lovely views over the vineyards and the open plan style lends itself to entertaining, especially the flow through into the huge open deck. We also loved the spa in the ensuite and the fact that we could open French doors making it an inside / outside experience. Thank you Katherine for making our visit so welcoming and we loved feeding the pigs with you. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to stay on Waiheke Island with family or friends” (10 Dec 2015, Trip Advisor).
Pegasus Lodge Facilities
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Temperature controlled wine cabinet
- Walk-in pantry
- Spa bath in master bedroom
- Ice maker
- Three stone benchtops
- Outdoor gas BBQ
- Large table that seats twelve
- LED lighting in kitchen
- Butlers sink
- Flip Top chopping board
- F&P automatic dishwasher
- Breakfast bar
- Electric dual oven
- Three woodburner fireplaces for cozy winter’s nights including a large woodburning oven
- Wheelchair/stroller access via a ramp
- Six doors opening onto the 200m2 deck
- Surround sound cinema full media centre, including blue ray
- A range of beds—Super-King, Four Poster Queen, to roll out single
- Bosch four burner gas hob
- High chairs and cots
- Outside swings for the young at heart
- Bus stop directly at our gate—but it’s a bit of a long driveway!
- Golf course just across the road
- Located next door to Dellows distillery, with tastings
- Beach towels to use at nearby Onetangi Beach
- Hammocks for enjoying a book on the deck
- Meet and feed our animals including pigs, sheep, rabbits, doves and chickens
- Plenty of parking space, for at least six cars and visitors
- Access to Te Motu restaurant and vineyard, just across the farm fence
- Plenty of cutlery, crockery, serving dishes and utensils—for 12 people enjoying the kitchen’s delights
- Free tea, coffee, sugar, milk and olive oil—organically made from trees on our property
- Orchards to explore and grapevines to enjoy