The Onetangi Wine Valley is a rural haven and Chapel Hill is set right amongst the vineyards, looking down on the picturesque valley. In fact, the back of the property connects to Te Motu, and the walking wine trail.
Within walking distance there are six vineyards and a distillery. In order of distance away, there is:
- Te Motu (Restaurant & Tastings) TeMotu.co.nz
- Dellows (Tastings & Distillery) DellowsWaiheke.co.nz
- Tantalus (Restaurant & Tastings, Opened in 2016) Tantalus.co.nz
- Stoneyridge (Restaurant & Tastings) Stonyridge.co.nz
- Wild On Waiheke (Restaurant, Brewery & Tastings) WildOnWaiheke.co.nz
- Miro Vineyard (Restaurant & Tastings) (Winner of Metro’s Restaurant of the year award 2014) CasitaMiro.co.nz
- Obsidian (Tastings) Obsidian.co.nz
If six vineyards somehow leave you wanting more, then you’ll be pleased to know that there are over 30 on Waiheke! There are even a number of winery and island tours available, as well as a hop-on-hop-off bus system during summer.